We, at Wonderleaf Club, are exploring different ways to keep our members engaged and to bring out their creative side during these trying times. A week back, we asked them to come up with a “Lockdown Pizza Recipe and Story”. And we had a surprise and refreshing entry from “Prachi Jain”, mother of your young member Ayaansh. Read her take on the Weirdness of the Weird Times in her own words. Do try “The Healthy Pizza Recipe” and post your feed back in the comments.
Sometimes, weird is the only way something works. And so is the case with these times which call for being innovative weirdly.
Kids have been confined at home for more than one month now, And with each day, I am transitioning towards becoming a chef, trying new dishes daily.
One day, the demand was for Pizza and only Pizza. No outside bread or pizza base was allowed. I couldn’t see the long faces of the disappointed kids. Oh! that supreme guilt played on. Finally, I racked my brains to come up with a healthy, easy to make Pizza recipe. (Read the recipe below)
Since the preparation time was long, their patience was running low. Their trips to the kitchen were frequent and one was accompanied by a comment – “We wish we had an ATM that would dispense a pizza”. I could do nothing but roll my eyes and smile.
As soon as I shooed them away from the kitchen, my dear husband paid a visit. He came dishing out his request for Panipuri. I glared at him. My reluctance and irritation prompted him to tell me story.
Once a Pizza was in mood to flirt. He spotted a Panipuri plate near by and asked Panipuri,
“Hey Desi girl! I am falling for your crunchiness and tangy flavor. ”
“Oh! Stop trying. I am not gonna slip on your extra cheesy lines. I heard about your affair with tomato ketchup!” taunted Panipuri.
Pizza replied, “No dear! It’s only because my chef wants me to be with the red Ketchup. But I think we both will make the best appetizer.
Your crunchy round layer
And my soft triangular crust,
Your soft stuffing
And my cheesy topping.
What a great appetite we will make!”
With that hubby came closer, with not so platonic intentions. And I completed his banter with the comment from Panipuri
“We might gel well but aren’t I too Desi? Why don’t you rest it for a bit? Or even better go with yummylicious Ice cream!”Panipuri
And that was the moment my son chose to visit the kitchen one more time, breaking the mood. As expected, he latched on the word “Ice cream”. His next demand was ready. “Mom! What about a yummy chocolate Ice cream to accompany the Pizza.”
My husband started laughing and soon I joined him as well. All my irritation and frustration was forgotten. My lock down diary had the sweetest and romantic memory now, Desi Pani Puri with Amorous Pizza, what a weird combination!
Healthy Atta Pizza with Bare Ingredients
- Take 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add 1/4 cup curd and mix well.
- Use a little water, apply 2 tbsp oil and knead it well to make the dough soft and smooth.
- Apply oil on all sides and keep it for 40-60 minutes for rest.
- Take out the dough and knead it again. Divide the dough into two balls. Dust some flour and roll the ball to make like a pizza base, not very thin, not too thick.
- Make dents on the side of the base using hand. Prick the middle with a fork.
- To bake the base, take a pan or Tawa, reheat it on medium-high flame.
- Put the pizza base with the pricked side first and bake it for 30-40 seconds only.
- Grease Tawa or pan with little oil.On the uncooked side of the base, apply pizza sauce, toppings, grated cheese, and pizza seasoning.
- Apply oil on the edges of the base and bake it on a low flame with the lid closed on the pan.
- Your delicious homemade healthy pizza is ready within a few minutes.